It felt more like mid-spring than late winter across Southern Ontario today.
A mild air mass combined with strengthening February sunshine to set new record highs in the region.
Environment Canada reports April-like maximums for 28 February:
- Sarnia, 16.8 C, old record 15.1 C from 2016
- Toronto Pearson Airport, 16.2 C, old record 14.0 C from 2016
- Windsor, 16.1 C, old record 13.6 C from 2017
- London, 15.1 C, old record 14.2 C from 2016
- Kitchener-Waterloo, 15.0 C, old record 12.4 C from 2016