Some residents are still recovering from the historic spring flooding along the southern St. John River and its tributaries.
Flood levels were elevated between 27 April and 18 May affecting Fredericton, Saint John and areas in between.
By the numbers (provided by Government of New Brunswick):
- 12,000 – properties affected by flooding to some degree
- 2,627 – residents who registered for disaster financial assistance
- 1,871 – residents who asked for health and safety inspection of properties
- 1,110 – households registered with the Canadian Red Cross
- 4,000 – tonnes of debris from flood dumped at landfills